Shoreditch start up seeks ambitious Service Charge Accounts Assistant looking to shine – £30-35k to start (with outstanding prospects/rapid progression)
Are you a quality focused, details orientated Property Accounts professional seeking a like-minded employer with a radical approach to the status quo?
Has your current role stagnated, leaving you with limited options to progress and no real opportunity to do things “your way”?
Do you have good property accounting experience and grounding but remain open minded enough to approach things differently?
Our client is a relatively new but extremely exciting and rapidly expanding Property Management / Block Management start up based on the borders of Islington and Shoreditch. Founded by highly respected industry figures with a simple but ambitious mission statement, they value their residents and clients in equal regard thereby committing to a much more personal, bespoke approach in an often in-personal, volume based and time constrained industry.
As a result of growth beyond initial projections (an additional 10,000 units expected over the next 2 years) they now seek their next Accounting hire to work directly alongside the Finance Director undertaking a broad range of service charge and general property accounting duties including (but not limited to):
- Contractor invoice processing, from initial receipt through to queries, authorisation and payment
- Service Charge invoicing, from issue to payment allocation, arrears chasing and answering resident queries by telephone, email and formal letter
- Basic credit control and purchase ledger duties as required
- Providing full support to the finance director, as and when required, in both an accounting and administrative capacity including taking calls and responding to queries where able
- Liaising closely with the property management team providing any and all accounting information as required to ensure residents/developers/contractors/freeholders queries are answered promptly and accurately
- Any other ad hoc accounting and service charge duties as necessary in keeping with the company ethos and obligations
- Recording all of the above activities promptly and accurately on the in-house system (QUBE)
Suitable applicants will need 2 years’ service charge accounting experience (directly or within a service charge environment), familiarity with QUBE (or a similar property management software with the ability to learn systems quickly), a can-do attitude, meticulous attention to detail, outstanding customer service skills and a genuine desire to support and work within a wider team.
Ideal applicants will come from a stable career background and have a GENUINE desire to approach property in a customer-centric manner. In addition, you will not only be tech savvy but should embrace new ideas and practices, be prepared to go the extra mile whether assisting a resident or director and generally act as an ambassador for our clients brand and ethos.
The successful candidate will enjoy an accelerated career path, autonomy, creative freedom, lots of client/customer interaction, a casual dress code (jeans/trainers are fine!) and modern offices (large, co-working, modern shared office space with funky furnishings and outstanding on-site facilities!).
Starting salary up to £35k with regular reviews and uplifts based on individual performance and tenure.
NOTE – This property manager role is being dealt with EXCLUSIVELY by BBL and cannot be found in the public domain or through other agents