My client is a long established, highly regarded family owned and run firm of Property Managers providing block management services to a range of long standing clients across the south coast (with focus on the coastal area between Portsmouth and Brighton).
In keeping with their outstanding customer service ethos, they have identified a need within their accounting division for an Accounts Administrator / Service Charge Accounts Assistant who will undertake a broad range of administrative and accounts support duties (whilst learning in order to progress long term) as follows:
- General post – collection, distribution and delivery to staff within the office, including franking etc.
- Admin support – letter writing, mail merges, sending notices, taking messages acting as first point of contact for accounts queries
- Coding and posting of invoices
- Uploading payments on to the system
- Basic banking (cheques etc.)
- Chasing service charge arrears via reminders
- Relaying complex account queries to senior service charge accountants
- Other ad hoc accounting and administrative tasks as required
The suitable Accounts Administrator / Service Charge Accounts Assistant will ideally have a property accounts background and a keen interest in developing their accounting career further, something our client is very happy to support.
The successful Accounts Administrator / Service Charge Accounts Assistant will enjoy ongoing training and support and will eventually progress to autonomous service charge accounting.
Salary for the successful Accounts Administrator / Service Charge Accounts Assistant will range from £20-25k to start (depending on accounts knowledge/experience) with regular reviews and uplifts based on performance and tenure.
If you work in a support capacity within a property accounting environment at the moment and would like to broaden your remit whilst learning with the option to progress to autonomous service charge accounting this could be the ideal opportunity.