My client is a long-established, prime London based firm of Chartered Surveyors specialising in the management of Commercial, Residential and Retail Assets for prominent clients UK wide.
They have identified a need within their accounting team for a part time service charge accountant who will undertake the following service charge accounting duties over a 16 hour week spread across 2 or 3 days depending on the successful service charge applicant’s preferences:
- Reconciliation of service charge statements, including the preparation of files for supplier invoices paid, correcting any miscoding’s on Tramps and preparing the reconciliation service charge spreadsheet that calculates if tenants have under or overpaid service charges for the year.
- Check if ALL tenants in client properties have paid rent/other charges on time, by reviewing reports on tramps and client bank accounts.
- Prepare all rent transfer sheets to be paid to clients, pass to line manager to sign off and then pass to accounts for payment.
- Rent & other charges arrears management. This will consist of reviewing tramp’s arrears reports on/around due date and liaising with the tenants for non-payment over the phone, email or via letters.
- Update line manager on any arrears so they can intervene with the tenants/client as and when necessary.
- Answering supplier queries for client properties. Liaise with suppliers direct and answer any queries direct with them.
The suitable Service Charge Accountant will need circa 16 hours work per week to perform these tasks which could be split over 2 or 3 days depending on their personal requirements.
Remuneration for the successful Service Charge Accountant would be up to £30K pa pro-rata with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays also offered on a pro-rata basis.
This role might suit a service charge accountant who has taken a career break for any reason and now wants to return on a part time basis.
Service Charge Accountants MUST have good knowledge of Tramps
If you are a Service Charge Accountant with commercial/mixed use property accounting experience who would like to work part time with a major London asset manager apply now for immediate consideration