My client is a well-established, independent Property Consultancy and Surveying Practice specialising in both residential and commercial property matters across Greater London from their Croydon office base.
Servicing a wide range of prestigious clients in relation to a diverse range of property matters, they work on behalf of banks, public bodies, residential developers, freeholders and a large number of RTM and RMC blocks which usually come via word of mouth.
As a result of new estates won and in the pipeline, they now require an additional Service Charge Accountant to strengthen their Service Charge team undertaking the following Service Charge Accounting duties as required:
• Understand and interpret leases as relevant to financials.
• Review & process service charge budgets.
• Client liaison & reporting in relating to service charge matters
• Discuss service charge arrears with lessees
• Resolve auditor queries
• Year-end service charge accounts review
• Provide auditors year end pack
• Check and approve supplier invoices
• Review expenditure
• Maintain Capital Expenditure Programme
• Monthly financial reporting to senior service charge accountant / directors
• Monthly Bank reconciliations
• Posting of invoices / service charge demands
• Banking of service charge payments
You will use QUBE software (so previous exposure to/experience of is essential) dealing with the full range of block accounting matters working Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
Salary is circa £28k (with some room for negotiation) with genuine career prospects and ongoing career development and training for the successful service charge accountant.