My client is a well-established, highly reputable firm of chartered surveyors specialising in residential block management across London.
Working to RICS and ARMA standards they pride themselves on providing a professional, personal and often bespoke service to RTM, RMC and Freeholder clients within the M25
As a result of portfolio growth, they now require an additional service charge accountant to undertake the following accounting duties from their Borehamwood office base on a daily basis:
• Understand and interpret leases as relevant to financials.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Review budgets.
• Process budgets.
• Client liaison.
• Client reporting.
• Discuss arrears with lessees.
• Resolve auditor queries.
• Year-end accounts review.
• Provide auditors year end pack.
• Check and approve supplier invoices.
• Review expenditure.
• Maintain Capital Expenditure Programme.
• Updating and maintenance of the QUBE database.
• Scanning, filing, archiving and any other ad hoc administrative duties as required.
The suitable Service Charge Accountant will need to have at least 3 years leasehold accounting experience with excellent IT skills and ideally (but not essentially) exposure to QUBE software.
Smart attire and excellent communication skills are a MUST!
Salary for the successful Service Charge Accountant / Property Accountant is up to £35k basic to start with genuine long term career prospects and ongoing professional development and training.