My client is a multi-disciplined property consultancy specialising in all aspects of Property Management.
Overseeing approximately 2,500 units all told, they are based in Tunbridge Wells but with a portfolio that extends from West London, through the London boroughs and down to the coast in Hastings.
During the past few years they have experienced exceptional growth (including some of the town’s most notable blocks) and now require a focussed, proactive senior property manager to look after their own Tunbridge Wells & Sevenoaks portfolio of approximately 450 units.
Using bespoke software (for which full training will be provided) The successful block manager will preferably be IRPM qualified with 3-5 Years’ block experience, a full UK driving licence and access to their own car.
The property manager will be responsible for co-ordinating and managing all services and maintenance contracts and to communicate with clients and leaseholders in line with contracted management agreements.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Inspection of sites to ensure the quality of services provided are satisfactory and to identify building repairs in line with health and safety issues
- The Block Manager will set service charge budgets, preparing demands in line with leases
- Risk managing purchase services and special projects to maintain positive cash flow
- Arranging necessary maintenance and repairs for the blocks in accordance with the leases and TOB and liaising with contractors and the in-house maintenance team as appropriate
- Assist the client accountant with the preparation of all financial documentation for submission to accountants for preparation of year-end accounts
- Chairing AGM’s for each site
- Ensuring compliance of all fire risk and health and safety regulations
- Advising on and implementation of Section 20 procedures for all qualifying projects
- Putting in place insurance for each property
- Promoting services of other departments within the Group, including lettings and estate agency.
- Winning new management contracts in the Kent, Sussex & Surrey & Assist with the development of the department (on which commission will be payable at 10% of the first years management fees)
- Provide the department with general Block Management advice
- Act as the first point of contact for issues that are received from clients and leaseholders
Suitable Property Managers will come from a stable career background, have a service mentality and preference for independent, low volume, quality focused practice.
The position is office based so would not suit those seeking remote or flexible working, although there will be time spent out on site and chairing AGM’s as required.
Basic Salary is up to £40k with uncapped commission (10% of fee per unit) on any new blocks/estates won for management alongside business mileage, excellent job security and genuine long term career prospects.
To express your interest or find out more please apply now.