Associate Surveyor Required – General Practice / Receivership
My client is the property team of a well established residential and commercial financial services provider.
Based in central London they cover a wide remit of services within the commercial and residential property sectors acting in both the sale, acquisition, recovery and valuation of commercial and residential property for a range of landlords, tenants, lenders, private owners, developers, investors, insolvency practitioners, asset managers, financial institutions and charities.
Given their diverse client base, their professional surveyors undertake:
- Fixed Charge / LPA Receivership / Insolvency
- Lease Advisory
- Commercial Agency
- Residential Agency
- Residential Valuation
- Tenant Representation
- Commercial Valuation
- Dilapidations schedules and advice
- Leasehold Reform
- Asset / Portfolio Management
- General Surveying
They are now seeking a commercially aware and motivated MRICS/FRICS surveyor to oversee a small team, with a demonstrable background of dealing with all aspects of general practice surveying, preferably with a knowledge of the East London and Essex property markets.
The ideal candidate will be/ have:-
- MRICS qualified and proven experience of at least 2 years’ post qualification experience;
- Excellent professional reporting skills with an ability to provide clear advice and a range of reports;
- Able to market the practice with a view to expanding the client base;
- Have experience of dealing with LPA / Fixed Charge receivership work;
As a senior member of the team you will work directly with the Senior Surveyor and Director in providing advice to various clients, contribute to the progression of a graduate/junior surveyor.
Aspects of the role will include:-
- The undertaking all aspects of general practice surveying work across a variety of sectors including retail, residential and commercial.
- Providing concise and reliable advice to our clients including rent reviews, lease renewals, Red Book & Statutory Valuations, general property brokerage, investment and development consultancy
- Working on insolvency and Receivership cases with the Director and independently
- Compiling, researching and interpreting comparable evidence
- Providing accurate and timely reports and maintain comprehensive records of instructions in progress for internal and external reporting
- Maintaining best standards of practice including RICS regulatory requirements including Red Book
- Providing input and support in achieving their objectives in work winning
- Supplying regular social media posts of interest to our clients and the wider profession
- Supporting graduate team members in their APC preparation
A salary of up to £65k is available with additional reviews expected, as well as a commission/ bonus element to the package, and market comparable benefits are on offer as well.
Additional benefits include an annual bonus, career progression & professional development support, home working, travel expenses paid, private healthcare / life assurance (available at 1 year anniversary) plus 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.